Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Markets
The Senior Financial Analyst – Capital Markets supports Broad Street’s senior executive team
in all aspects of raising debt and equity at the company and property level. This individual will be responsible for running all the corporate and project-specific pro forma financial models and serve a key role in all capital markets transactions. The successful candidate will not only have strong quantitative and analytical skills but also exhibit excellent communication and organization skills. Strategic thinking, sound judgment, and demonstrated problem-solving are a must for this role. The Senior Financial Analyst will also provide support on an as-needed basis for acquisition and development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the corporate pro forma model including all property cash flows and the company capital stack
- Model various debt and equity scenarios with direction from the CFO
- Support the CFO in all aspects of the capital raising process including but not limited to authoring investment marketing collateral, facilitating due diligence, attending investor meetings, and coordinating deliverables with internal teams
- Compute and track all portfolio historic metrics including occupancy, re-leasing spreads, & GLA, etc
- Model how potential acquisition, disposition, and development activities impact the corporate pro forma model
- Calculate key corporate and property-level metrics such as AFFO/FFO per share, fixed charge ratio, debt service coverage tests, LTV ratios, etc.
- Assist with reviewing public market filings
- Assist in creating property-level acquisition pro forma models and conducting property-level due diligence
- Track and evaluate peer performance relative to the Company
- Conduct market research on the retail REIT industry
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- A fundamental understanding of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- CFA charter holder is a plus
- Public equities experience is not required but strongly preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including leases, contracts, and financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, if-statements, and advanced formatting with additional emphasis on Powerpoint and other Office products
- Experienced user of ARGUS Enterprise
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Encourages and practices critical thinking
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the company
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university required. While a major in finance or accounting is not required, demonstrated quantitative skills is a must.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a postage machine, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and may need to lift objects up to 40lbs. Also may need to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, and have the ability to perform repetitive motions and reach for objects. The employee in this position frequently communicates with multiple employees, vendors, and contractors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the employee will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent, and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Broad Street Realty is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
NO 3RD PARTY FIRMS. NO PHONE CALLS