Groundskeeper and Day Porter
Broad Street Realty is looking for a seasoned Groundskeeper and Day Porter to join our team. This multi-site position maintains the exterior areas of the properties, ensuring a clean, inviting, and safe environment for customers and tenants. The Groundskeeper/Day Porter will also support the maintenance staff.
- Sweeping and cleaning parking lots daily to remove debris, trash, or other unsafe items.
- Sweeping and cleaning roofs periodically to remove debris, trash, or other unsafe items.
- Monitoring, informing, and addressing any damage to asphalt and concrete services.
- Reporting of any damages, suspicious activity, or disabled vehicles to the Maintenance Engineer.
- Pressure washing per defined schedule.
- Maintaining trash pedestrian receptacles throughout the shopping centers.
- Reporting commercial trash receptacle overflow or dumpster enclosures concerns to Maintenance Engineer and Property Manager.
- Collecting and disposing of litter and debris to ensure a clean and attractive environment.
- Cleaning and maintaining exterior signage to ensure visibility and appeal.
- Reporting any lighting issues or outages to the Maintenance Engineer.
- Reporting any tenant signage non-compliance to Maintenance Engineer.
- Conducting routine inspections of outdoor areas/the office building identifying and addressing potential hazards or cleanliness issues such as, but not limited to, trip hazards, ponding water, damaged irrigation lines, pressure washing needs, etc.
- Reporting any structural damage or safety concerns to Maintenance Engineer and Property Manager such as unsafe practices by vendors servicing the property or other noteworthy concerns.
- Collaborating with Property Management and Maintenance team to address all exterior maintenance needs.
- Available to escort vendors and/or contractors as needed or on-call rotation for emergency needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to project a professional image by meeting BSR dress code standards.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and professional demeanor interacting with building management, tenant and vendors.
- Team player attitude.
- Encourages and practices critical thinking.
- Is self-reflective and empathic.
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results.
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others.
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior.
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one to two years of maintenance and/or janitorial experience.
- Demonstrated strong guest service skills.
- Demonstrated energetic, self-motivating and "can do" positive attitude.
- High-level cleanliness and presentation standards.
- Must have reliable source of transportation for required on-call rotation and property emergencies.
- High School or GED equivalent
This is an hourly position.